Emergency Dental Care - Downtown Chicago
Emergency Dental Care
MG DENTISTRY UNDERSTANDS THE NEED OF URGENT DENTAL CARE. WE OFFER SAME DAY EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS AS WELL AS COORDINATION OF DENTAL SPECIALIST APPOINTMENTS. REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION, WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
We are open Monday through Friday. If you are experiencing pain, call 312.236.3633 and we will do our best to get you in and get you the relief you need.
HOME REMEDIES—UNTIL YOU CAN MAKE IT INTO THE OFFICE FOR TREATMENT
Here’s a list of what you can do for some common dental problems before coming in for an appointment.
- Accidental Loss of a Tooth. There is a greater chance of saving your tooth if it is returned to the socket within 1 hour of being knocked out. If you can not place the tooth back in, put the tooth in a small container of milk or salt water or in a solution called Save-a-Tooth and schedule an emergency appointment as soon as possible for an evaluation
- Lost Filling. Old and worn out fillings can cause many dental problem. If a filling should fall out, it needs to replaced as soon as possible to avoid further tooth decay, nerve damage and possible fracture. As a temporary measure, stick a piece of sugarless gum into the cavity or use an over-the-counter dental cement. Schedule a dental appointment to refill the cavity.
- Lost crown. If the tooth is sensitive, use a cotton swab to apply a little clove oil to the area. Schedule an appointment to have your crown re-cemented; make sure you bring your crown with you. You can use over the counter dental cement, denture adhesive, toothpaste, or vaseline to help hold the crown in to place. Never use super glue!
- Abscesses. This is an infection that occurs around the root of a tooth or in the space between the teeth and gums. Abscesses are a serious condition that can damage tissue and surrounding teeth, with the infection possibly spreading to other parts of the body if left untreated. To ease the pain and draw the pus toward the surface, try rinsing your mouth with a mild salt water solution several times a day. Schedule an emergency dental appointment for an evaluation and medication.
- Chipped or Fractured Tooth. Severe sensitivity may be experienced if the nerve is exposed. If at all possible save any pieces your tooth. Thoroughly rinse your mouth using warm water and schedule an emergency dental appointment as soon as possible for an evaluation.
Enjoy views of Chicago’s Millenium Park while getting your teeth cleaned.